DOROTHY JACKS is Chief Deputy Property Appraiser in the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser’s office, where she has been a driving force behind public service functions. In addition to sharing responsibility for overall operation with Property Appraiser Gary Nikolits, CFA, she oversees the office’s five service centers; ownership and exemption services, information technology, mapping/GIS sections, public records, and the award-winning website.
Dorothy Jacks has 27 years of experience.
A major achievement of Dorothy’s 27-year career with the Property Appraiser’s office is the Property Appraiser Public Access system (PAPA), the website that she conceived and designed in order to give the public easy access to county property assessments and tax information. PAPA has become the most visited website on the Palm Beach County home page and one of the most visited sites overall in the county. Recently, Dorothy created and launched PAPA mobile, a web-based app for mobile phone use of PAPA.
In December 2015 Dorothy Jacks was elected Vice President of the prestigious International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO). She will become President-Elect in 2017, and take office as President in 2018. She has served as a board member and Chair of the International Committee of IAAO and is a past President and past board member of the IAAO’s Florida chapter.
As a graduate of Leadership Palm Beach County, Dorothy has made public service a priority:
• She is a member of the Ethics Partnership Council of Palm Beach State College and a former member on the City of West Palm Beach Zoning Board of Appeals.
• She has been President of the Friends of the Mandel Public Library in West Palm Beach and is a former member of the library’s Advisory Board.
• She serves on the boards of the Economic Forum of Palm Beach County and the Women’s Foundation of Palm Beach County.
• She is a former board member of the League of Women Voters and of Executive Women of the Palm Beaches, where she was President in 2002-2003.
• She also has contributed her time and energy to charitable organizations that include the American Heart Association, the American Lung Association, and the American Cancer Society.
Dorothy Jacks is a current or former board member of several professional organizations including the IAAO/ International Association of Assessing Officers, (past Board Member and current Chair of the International Committee), FCIAAO/Florida Chapter of the IAAO, past President & past Board Member) and Ethics Partnership Council – Palm Beach State College (Member).
Dorothy Jacks is a Certified Florida Evaluator and an Assessment Administration Specialist with 26 years of experience in property appraisal and assessment administration. Dorothy holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida. Dorothy and her husband Britt live in West Palm Beach.
Your support will keep this campaign moving. Donate to Dorothy Jacks for Property Appraiser.
Join Team Jacks today!
Get to know Dorothy Jacks. Learn more about her experience and qualifications to be our next Property Appraiser.
Join Team Jacks today!